CAMINO DE SANTIAGO: PRACTICAL TIPS
Take every two hours in small quantities: food and drink.
Your shoes will depend on the season of the year DO NOT WEAR BRAND NEW SHOES
TREKKING SHOES WITH GORE-TEX.
- They protect from water, wind and the cold.
COMFORTABLE SHOES: Comfortable shoes to wear once you finish the stage and at the hostels.
It is advisable to carry no more than 10% of your weight.
WHAT TO INCLUDE:
- Identity Card.
- Social Security card.
- Pilgrim Card.
- FIRST-AID KIT
- Analgesics or anti-inflammatories.
- Band Aids.
- Vaseline to apply on your feet every morning and prevent from blisters.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Gel, shampoo…
- Wet wipes.
- Razor or razor blades.
- A Microfiber towel.
- Soap for clothing washing, travel size.
- Rain cape with backpack cover. Waterproof windbreak in winter.
- A pair of trekking poles.
- A hat, sunglasses, sunscreen mini size.
- Gloves and neck gaiter in winter.
- Two or three pieces of underwear.
- Two or three pairs of socks.
- A pair of polyester T-shirts. Cotton T-shirts do not transpire and hardly dry.
- A pair of hiking pants.
- A sweatshirt or light jacket. Polar fleece jacket in winter.
- Light sleeping bag. A thicker one in winter.
- Swiss army knife, torch and lighter.
- 1- liter water bottle.
- Mobile phone, charger and external battery for longer stages.